July 15, 2015

Catching Up

Hey, everyone! Gosh, it's been a bit since I've posted hasn't it? About 9 months! So much has happened since I last was on here and while I can't go through every single thing that's happened (because who wants to read a blog post for 3 hours?), I can for sure give you the highlights, random tid-bits, and the run-down of this dorm diva's past few months. You can check out some pictures HERE too, but lets start from the top:

1. You should have seen my Halloween costume! My friends and I dressed up as characters from the Wizard of Oz :) I was the Good Witch, Glenda, the Sparkle Queen if you will :) Sorry the picture is pretty blurry, but you get the idea.



2. Finals week.....finally ended the 1st semester of college! Not going to lie, I cried when I thought about my business stats final. I studied my butt off for that dang test! Thankfully, God helped me get through that test and now I no longer have to take a "math math" class ever again (because, really, accounting doesn't count). Passed the class with a B-. I'll take it!


3. Christmas Break: saw my parents, sister, and new dog for the first time since I moved down to school. It was so nice to be home (albeit in the cold) and with family. After 3 weeks of game nights, Christmas decorations, Christmas FOOD, and good old family time, I returned back to my reality of school.

4. 2nd semester started with me trying to find a job. I had so many job interviews this year that fell through for one reason or another, whether it was because I wasn't "mature" enough or my class schedule simply couldn't accommodate the job schedule. Finally, I saw an ad for a mother's helper for this awesome lady who needed help a couple days a week looking after her 5 year old TWINS and 2 year old TRIPLETS. It was crazy! But in a good way. I absolutely loved that job and I got a pretty good workout biking 2.5 miles to get there and then the 2.5 back uphill to my apartment (*gasping for air just thinking about it). 

5. I also started the process to become a Resident Assistant for this upcoming school year. This is something I decided towards the end of 1st semester was something that I really wanted to pursue, not just for the nice perks of free housing and food that come with the job, but I wanted to make an impact and help people this upcoming year and hopefully make a difference :) In January I had my job interview with some of the Pro-Staff (can you say AAAHHH?) and then found out I made it into the ResLife class you have to take to actually become an RA. I went through the whole process of the class, mentorship, and placement bids and presentations and was eventually placed in the Honors Program housing (Honors House) with 3 good friends of mine! I don't even have to switch my address on anything important because I'm actually in the same apartment I was in this year, just in my roommates room. Bonus! Anyways, so this summer I've been working to come up with ideas for programs, door decorations, and bulletin board themes, which I know is going to be a part of the job that I love :) 



6. The 2nd round of finals week approached and there was only one class that I was truly worried about: Econ. Seriously, that class killed me! It was the honors program version, so the teacher was a great guy but he moved so quickly and I was still trying to catch up after Econ during 1st semester! I know that it wasn't my amazing studying skills that helped me get through that final exam, it had to have been help from my Heavenly Father because I was in the dark during that class, but I managed to pull out with a C in the class, meaning I barely passed and don't have to retake the credit! Wahooooooooo!!! 

7. I met my 1st ever boyfriend Marshall! While we aren't together anymore, we are still very good friends, we are even working together this next year since he will be an RA too! You never know when you are going to meet someone that will end up becoming a significant part of your life, and that was Marshall. I'm so grateful that I still have a great friend because he is an amazing guy and it's rare to find people who will be as good a friend as he is!

Well that's the top 7 things that happened. It doesn't sound like much, but those 7 things were very big for me this year in terms of creativity, love, self-esteem, and success. Looking back on this school year, there were A LOT of 1st's: first kiss, first time trying fry sauce, first time falling off of a dorm bed, you name it, it probably happened! 
I can honestly say that I love college. I have learned so much about myself and grown in ways that I wasn't expecting at all when I first moved my boxes into my apartment on Day 1. Isn't it AMAZING how our lives pan out in ways we could never imagine? This was a great first year, but I can't wait for this next semester to finally start!
Also, I owe a huge thank you to all of you for your influences in my life. I wouldn't be the person I am today without your love and support. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment