October 6, 2014

The Generals of Conference

Hey, everyone! So this weekend was General Conference weekend, but if you don't know what General Conference is, let me fill you in :) General Conference is the event that happens twice a year (every 6 months) where the prophet and apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints deliver messages with guidance and counsel from God that will bless our lives. This weekend was especially inspiring for me since, a week ago in Relief Society, I wrote down 3 questions that I had. I prayed to receive answers to these questions this weekend, and I definitely received the answers I was looking for. Below are some quotes that I really enjoyed and took to heart from the messages that were shared in the past 2 days. This first quote is by President Uchtdorf, who is my favorite speaker of all time:)


This is a quote by the prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. He is always such a great speaker and is so inspirational while teaching us important gospel principles!


Technically this quote is from the General Women's Conference that occurred 2 weeks ago, but I still love this quote!


And last but not least, from one of my favorite talks of the entire weekend from Elder Bednar:


I had so many more favorite quotes that I would love to share, but now you have an excuse to go and reread these and many more excellent messages when the conference Ensign comes out! I strongly encourage you to explore these messages from our modern-day prophets and apostles and grow your own testimony like mine has this weekend! 
<3, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment